- Why 14 July is celebrated as the national holiday in France.
- Trafficing in Art used to launder money.
- Chest of drawers, that disappeared during the French Revolution, comes back again to Versailles.
- Caravagio found in Toulouse goes on display. (Judith and Holpherne.)
- French heatwave: Vehicle restrictions announced in cities. Apply for crit-air pollution sticker.
Monthly Archives: May 2011
This film, by Woody Allen, is superbe. Particularily on a day where DSK’s alleged actions have brought France and Paris to a new low. Minuit a Paris opened the Cannes film festival to rave reviews. It is not surprising. It … Continue reading
Interesting exhibition in the Irish college in Paris. Went last night for the opening. De Gaule excaped to Ireland for some peace and quiet, away form the French media after his referendum was defeated and he effectively retired from public … Continue reading
BEA (Bureau d’Enquete Aviation) maintain these units will reveal their secrets after 2 years at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean. At a depth of 4000 metres the condition of these boxes is remarkably good. Thoeries abound concerning the cause of … Continue reading